Saturday, October 02, 2004

Jerry

Uncle Jurgen

This is my Uncle, Jurgen, known as "Jerry" to all his friends. He is one of my primary inspirations for wanting to become a Nurse. Jerry died on January 31, 2000 at 54 of AIDS related Primary CNS Lymphoma. Jerry was lucky enough to live an active and healthy life for at least 15 years that he was HIV+. But in the end he developed a brain tumor which ultimately killed him. I miss him terribly. During the time he was sick, I met and worked with many wonderful healthcare professionals - aids, nurses, doctors. I saw how much of a positive difference they made to him and the rest of the family. I was also adopted by his many absolutely incredible friends. Without them I never would have made it through a very tough time. They are the most loving, brave, kind, funny people I have known. Not surprising, considering the kind of person Jerry was. More on this later...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home