Thursday, January 06, 2005

Cherish Your Children

Lately, I have been trying to do a better job of keeping in touch with old friends. This is something I am very bad at. I truly regret this because I love my friends and think of them often. I just always seem to be doing it at 11:30 at night which makes it sort of impolite to call. Anyway, I have been trying to track down and email some folks I have been missing. I recently got back in touch with a great woman friend whom I consider to be one of my most important mentors early in my Information Technology career, Anne Chelius.
As it turns out, Anne has also gone through a transition away from IT. She has a very exciting new venture called "Cherish Your Children". Her new company provides parent coaching. I didn't even know such a thing existed.
I am very excited for Anne! If I had children, which I do not, but if I did, Anne would be one of first people I would turn to for advice. You see, I have met each of Anne's five children; most of them when they were still teenagers. They are a true tribute Anne's parenting skills. These are some of the most well rounded, confident, well adjusted people I have met. I also know how busy Anne back then. Somehow, she managed to be supermom while running several businesses, being the President of a professional association, and active in several other associations. If anyone has something to offer today's stressed out, time and sleep deprived parents, it is Anne. Best of luck to Anne and I hope anyone who might be interested follows the link and check out her company.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home