Sunday, June 12, 2005

First Attempt at Videoblogging



Click to view


After all the promises, here it is... my first vblog post. Giant shout out of love and deepest appreciation to www.freevlog.org. Check it out, with the tutorials there ANYBODY can do this! Also Big THANKS to www.ourmedia.org for free and easy posting.

I first got interested in doing videoblogging myself, while watching a videoblog post by Jay Dedman called "Cat Power". Jay says it best so you should go check his post out. He talks about people who don't get vblogging boiling it down to "its just girls talking about their cats". Then he goes and makes this super cool video about girls and cats. I don't have a cat.. so you will have to settle for my parrot, Leeloo and maybe one day you can look forward to my nine year old catfish, Jed. Or (gasp) maybe even me!

I actually did this video several months back, around December. It was done on a Nokia 6620 camera phone. So, yes, this is pretty amateurish stuff. I haven't quite figured out the finer points of iMovie so there are some shots that probably could have been edited out. Too much Birdie Butt - I appologize for that in advance. Please bear with me, I have a lot to learn.

3 Comments:

Blogger Quirk said...

Cool birdy.
Another NYC vlogger!

2:28 PM  
Blogger HypnoKitten said...

I had to see what I could do, so I grabbed my Fuji FinePix and switched it to video - I've never done that! - and made a video of me watching your vblog. Hmm. Now I'm out of batteries. I should learn to vblog with you. My camera evidently likes the idea. :)

I took a bunch of pix of the camping trip, and will post them to my blog maybe later today.

I didn't know you were 40. Your picture makes you look much younger. Another returning student like myself!

2:56 PM  
Blogger Nurse2B said...

Hey guys, thanks for the comments! Leeloo thanks you too, tweet! Hypnokitten, that sounds like a cool idea for a video. It would be great to get a couple of us nurses and soon to be nurses vblogging. Check out www.freevlog.org for great instructional videos. I like to do a lot of camping too so I will look forward to your pics.

11:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home