Thursday, November 03, 2005

We Are Not Alone

You know, the blogosphere, specifically the little corner of it that belongs to nurses, is a pretty cool place. When I started this endevour, I felt like I was pretty weird. Throwing away a successful career, starting over at my age... I must be nuts. Well I have discovered that I am merely a single cashew in this great mix! I want to highlight the blogs of a couple of folks who have made similar leaps of faith. I enjoy it so much to be able to read their stories and have that feeling that I am one of many adventurers on this journey. So here is a selection of blogs from intrepid souls for whom nursing is a second or even a third career:


third degree nurse

student nurse, prn
dog food sugar
Coffee and Conversation in a Smoky Room
Critical Pathways
Uni_student

Surf's Up!!!

7 Comments:

Blogger SVN, prn said...

Thanks for the link to my blog! We gotta stick together :o)

8:22 PM  
Blogger UnsinkableMB said...

you are definitely not alone! i just graduated this year and started a job as an or nurse in august. i'm 36 and have a previous degree in business. going back to school is a tough road, but worth it. :) hang in there!

9:04 PM  
Blogger Jo said...

Thanks for the shout out.

~Jodi

12:56 AM  
Blogger Dave Hunter said...

here are also a couple of great links for those thinking about starting out in health care/ nursing

Medical Assistant

All Nursing Schools

Hope this helps!!

8:54 PM  
Blogger Kim said...

You guys all have my respect. I did it the easy way - 18 and still living at home. It took guts for you all to start this odyssey; trust me, it will be the best thing you've ever done in your life.
You will get frustrated, exhausted, sad and exhilarated, but you will never regret it.

3:10 AM  
Blogger The new Third Degree Nurse said...

Thanks, Monica. I've gotta have some of these links. My fellow students think I'm crazy for blogging but I learn more from all of you than I do in class sometimes.

I am the oldest one in my class and it's good to find others who are over 40 and crazy enough to start a nursing program. We must be cut from the same cloth somehow.

4:02 PM  
Blogger HypnoKitten said...

Me too! UnsinkableMB and I practically took our NCLEX's in the same week! This is definately a career change for me, and I'm well out of my 20's.... (hehehe)

-HK

3:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home