Wednesday, January 25, 2006

And They're Off!!

The flag has come down on the beginning of a new semester...

So much has happened recently! I am excited to be back at school. Let's see... Sunday I had my 42d Birthday. I went out dancing the night before and had a fabulous time... This year I did not feel like blogging about it. Not in a bad way. It was great; I am in a good place in my life, I just did not feel like writing on it. Maybe later.

The semester began on Monday. It's going to be a busy semester. Today we met with our clinical instructor for our Peds rotation. She seems great; very enthusiastic.

I am taking a graduate course on nursing theory in the evening. There are several nurses in the BS completion and the nurse practitioner program in the group. They come from extremely diverse backgrounds and some have been nursing for 20+ years! I am thrilled to have the opportunity to work with these experienced nurses and learn from them.

Also, I have convinced three of the faculty to do pieces for my "Why Nursing" series of vblogs. I look forward to being able to start offering them up in the next couple of weeks.

If there are any nursing students or nurses out there who are in the NYC area who would like to participate in this series, I would love to film you. Email me or post a comment.

2 Comments:

Blogger Unimum209 said...

That sounds like a great initiative. Can you find out if it would be ok to link to those blogs and include them at my website? I have a page dedicated to nursing stories and where nursing can take you, I am trying to show how diverse the path of nursing is.
The link is http://home.iprimus.com.au/theboss6675/ if you want to have a look, just follow the Nursing Stories link.

10:41 PM  
Blogger missbhavens said...

excellent! Glad things are going well. And Happy Birthday! I'm all over that nursing series when I return home...

1:26 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home