Sunday, March 19, 2006

Time for a game of tag...

Okay, so I have been tagged by Student Nurse, prn (sorry for being so slow on the uptake). This is going to be tough, because I can think of at least a dozen for many of these categories:

Four Jobs I've Had in My Life:
1. Counter waitress at Howard Johnson's, Brattleboro, Vt.

2. Photo finish operator at Hinsdale Race Track, Hinsdale, NH

3. Computer Geek (20 years of variations on this theme), Stonybrook University; JP Morgan Chase

4. Shovelling horse and cow poo, painting barns, planting, pruning, and weeding tomato plants, picking tomatoes, driving a small tractor(tilling and spraying), Brattleboro, Vt.

Four Movies I Could Watch Over and Over (only four! Darn. I could think of dozens!):

1. American Beauty
2. 2001 a Space Odysey (almost any Kubric to tell the truth, 'cept that last one: Eyes Wide... Yeech It's Tom Cruise)
3. Office Space
4. It's a Wonderful Life
Honorable Mention: A Fish Called Wanda, The Fifth Element, Blade Runner...

Four Places I Have Lived:
1. New York, NY (born there)
2. Brattleboro, VT (spent my very misspent youth there)
3. Munich, Germany
4. Park Slope, Brooklyn (last 11 years)

Four TV Shows I Love to Watch:
1. Anything on Discovery Health Channel
2. Any flavor of CSI (used to love Quincy when I was a kid)
3. Old Twilight Zones
4. ER

Four Places I Have Been on Vacation:
1. Iceland (honeymoon- had a blast)
2. New Orleans, LA
3. Huntington Ravine, Mount Washington in NH
4. Alta

Four Websites I Visit Daily:
1. Sitemeter (I am a stats addict)
2. my blog
3. blackboard.pace.edu
4. google
Honerable mention: people in my sidebar! I try to get to them all at least once a week. But sometimes its tough!

Four of My Favorite Foods:
1. Sushi
2. Thai
3. Indian
4. Raw Oysters

Four Places I Would Rather Be Right Now:
1. Someplace exotic I have never been to (not a war zone, please)
2. Trekking in Nepal
3. Hiking the Pacific Crest Trail
4. Visiting Buddhist Temples in Nepal, Tibet, Bhutan, Thailand....etc.

Four Most Wonderful Places I've Ever Been:
1. Yosemite Valley, California (You MUST go there before you die- its a religious experience.)
2. Alta, Utah (If you ski powder, you MUST, go there, ditto the above)
3. Iceland
4. Southern West Coast of Costa Rica

Four Books I read Over and Over Again (Only Four!!!):
1. Siddhartha, Herman Hesse
2. The Life of Pi, Yann Martel

3. The Blind Assassin, Margaret Atwood
4. Anything by Octavia Butler - if I have to choose it would be the Xenogenesis Trilogy.
Honerable mention:Memoirs of a Geisha, Arthur Golden, The Left Hand of Darkness, Ursula LeGuin,

Four Songs I listen to Over and Over Again:
1. Shine On You Crazy Diamond, Pink Floyd, Wish You Were Here
2. Hidden Treasure, Traffic, The Low Spark of High Heeled Boys
3. Babelogue/Rock 'n' Roll Nigger, Patti Smith Group
4. Broken English, Marianne Faithful, Broken English
Honerable Mention (About 500 more songs!!!!!)

Four Reasons Why I Blog?
1. I need a creative outlet. I find blogging/vblogging is fun and relaxing.
2. to share my experience with those who might find it interesting or helpful. Specifically anyone considering career change or going into nursing.
3. It allows me to let my feelings out and clarify my ideas.
4. I like watching the "body of work" evolve. Each entry on it's own is a piece of the puzzle. When you look at the blog as a whole- it takes on a whole new life.

Four people I tag to do this?
1. Anyone who has the desire and time to do it.
2. Nurse Practitioner's Place
3. Third Degree Nurse
4. MissBHavens

I understand some people don't like or have time for these things. If you can't or just don't wanna - don't sweat it.

7 Comments:

Blogger ~~ Melissa said...

Hello. Reading your lists makes me think you might enjoy having a look at my brother's blog: http://timeline326.blogspot.com. He is in Vietnam/Thailand/Cambodia right now. He treks around checking out temples etc for a few months each year, returning home (Canada) to earn enough for the next adventure.

8:21 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

I'm honored! Your the first to tag me! I'll have to think about it for a few days but I will definitely play tag with you!

7:29 PM  
Blogger SVN, prn said...

What interesting lists you have! Very multi-culturally aware and ...I learned a lot about you. Thanks for sharing.

1:42 AM  
Blogger The new Third Degree Nurse said...

Uh -oh. It's only 7:30 in the a.m. here. I can see I'm going to have to get busy.

8:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You go girl! You put the psych nurses on your links! Oh, and thanks for the comment...mostly thanks for the lift. I'm ok, or will be because I'm not alone. Nurses are awesome aren't we?!

11:25 PM  
Blogger Qaptain Qwerty said...

OK, I've done my list. I had to change the title on some list to fit into my life. I don't recall ever reading any books more than once, so if I wanted to list books that I read over and over, the list would be empty.

11:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

My tag is up finally!! Thanks for tagging me!

6:51 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home