Thursday, September 22, 2005

OMG what have I gotten myself into!

Yesterday we wore our uniforms for the first time. It felt really great to put it on and to be in a group with a whole buch of other student nurses all in their uniforms. Damn, we look cool. For the first time I really felt a part of this community. I did before, but this really made it feel more concrete. We validated in several skills in Clinical, too. This was kind of stressfull but it felt reassuring to actually have someone say "OK, you are doing that right". Then last night I decided to take all my assignments from all my classes and consolidate them into one task list. Holy Sleep Deprivation, Batman! I can not believe the volume of work when you pull it all together! First quiz next week, and all the reading, and assignments and.... It is really scary. Well at least I will not ever be bored!

Breathe, Monika, it's gonna be OK, just put one foot in front of the other and keep moving..... Yeah, sure, that's the ticket...

4 Comments:

Blogger Nurse2B said...

Thanks for stopping by, Ian. I really love hearing about other people and their experiences. It's amazing how many of us have 20 or so years of experience and choose nursing as a second career. It is especially fun to hear from someone so far away. I hope that everything goes well for you this year!

5:43 PM  
Blogger The new Third Degree Nurse said...

I had to read your post out loud to my hubby and we were both smiling. What IS THE DEAL??? This is a thousand times more work than my journalism degree and j-school students are always crying/whining about deadlines and filing/producing their stories.

I'm hanging right in there with you, hon.
Denise

8:13 PM  
Blogger UnsinkableMB said...

I graduated this year with my BSN (degree #2) after spending 11 years in the corporate world. If I can do it, YOU CAN TOO! Good luck!

8:59 PM  
Blogger shrimplate said...

Sounds like you're doing just fine.

9:25 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home